There is no better assurance than having the best Brake pads for Subaru Forester. It is safe to affirm that life without a high-quality brake pad can be frustrating.
Oftentimes, it is easy to spot a faulty brake pad. Whenever stepping on a brake pedal results in a squealing or squeaking sound, it is a sign of a bad brake pad.
Furthermore, a slow response can also be a sign of a faulty brake pad.
This results when the pads cannot generate sufficient friction with the rotor to slow the vehicle down. This makes it essential to purchase a top-quality brake pad.
As a result, this article is aimed at providing essential information on some of the best Subaru Forester brake pads.
What are the best Subaru Forester brake pads?
After careful consideration of the different brands of Subaru Forester brake pads, it is not an overstatement to declare that Bosch BE1114 is the best brand for Subaru Forester.
Bosch BE1114 is the best in terms of the top qualities to look out for when purchasing a brake pad. Because of this, we recommend this brand as the right pad to get.
Why is “Bosch BE1114” the best brand for the Subaru forester?
Apart from its high efficiency, Subaru is highly durable. Moreover, its affordability and design are other qualities to watch out for.
Considering these top qualities, it is safe to confirm this brand of Subaru Forester is the ideal pad to acquire.
Top 10 Best Brake Pads for Subaru Forester Review
01. Bosch BC1439 QuietCast- Best Subaru Forester Brake Pads
- Rubber core multilayer shim
- Protective transfer layer
- Item weight: 3.91 pounds
- Synthetic lubricant
- Advanced aerospace alloy
- Rear position
The role of Bosch in the braking industry cannot be understated. Anti-lock braking technology was brought into the market by Bosch.
At the moment, they offer more than supreme quality. Their products provide good pricing and availability. However, it does not end there.
They also provide coverage for several models of automobiles regardless of location and design.
Several formulations comprise copper-free ceramic products that satisfy the required legislation. They have made a solid contribution in raising the bar really high.
These pads make use of top-quality innovative materials. QuietCast premium ceramic offers operations that will stand the test of time and offer high efficiency.
QuietCast has the necessary materials to do the ideal job every single time it is put to use.
- Advanced Ceramic Friction formula.
- Protective transfer layer.
- Every QuietCast premium comes with a set of kits that offers you all you need.
- Improved production techniques produced high efficiency and durability in a product that is very well made.
- Built as the ideal OE replacement.
- It is not built for severe or heavy-duty application
02. Wagner QuickStop ZD1114 Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set
- Manufacturer: Wagner
- Item Weight: 1.6 lb
- Product Dimensions: 5.25 in x 4.25 in x 2.5 in
- Item model number of ZD1114
- Manufacturer Part Number of ZD1114
- OEM Part Number of ZD1114
- Rear position
- zero-copper friction implementation
Wagner QuickStop brake pads have been built for enhanced performance. These products have been developed to ensure that friction is evenly distributed at a low vibration.
This is achieved through its production with a complete post-cure process.
One of the major aims of technological advancement is to provide products that will improve user satisfaction, in terms of durability, efficiency, design, and many more.
As a result, Wagner QuickStop brake pads have been well-designed to serve their purpose for a very long time.
These products deliver consistent and high-level performance throughout the entirety of their life cycle.
Besides this, the pads are designed with stainless steel hardware that works well with most applications.
Moreover, the materials that are utilized are carefully formulated to satisfy the requirements of every vehicle application.
- Delivers consistent performance throughout the entirety of the padding usage.
- Reduced level of vibration and noise.
- Even friction performance is supported.
- Premium stainless steel is available for specific applications.
- The Ceramic brake pads are only suitable for specific vehicles.
03. StopTech 309.10780 Sport Brake Pads
- Manufacturer: StopTech
- Brand: StopTech
- Item Weight: 1 pound
- Product Dimensions: 10 in x 5 in x 3 in
- Rear position
- No folding
StopTech sport brake pads are designed to operate at a high max temperature to remove fade. They have exceptional actuation, modulation, and release.
However, it does not stop there. They are built with para-Aramid composites that enable linear responses.
StopTech brake pads are enhanced with considerable brake pad improvement with the use of direct-replacement-sized components.
This pack comprises StopTech Sport pads, StopTech sport rotors, and StopTech Stainless Steel Lines. This product is perfect for autocross and light track use.
Its high MOT enables it to stop the vehicle very fast without much fading. Shipping of this product can be done within the United States.
However, international shipping is also possible in selected countries.
- Considerable improvement in brake pad performance
- Excellent Stopping power
- Produces less noise
- It comes with Sport Rotors, Stainless Steel Lines, and Sport Pads, which are all designed by the same brand.
- High durability
- Very expensive to acquire.
04. Bosch BE1114 Blue Disc Brake Pad Set
- The enhanced vehicle-specific ceramic friction material
- Manufacturer: Bosch
- Item weight: 1.55 pounds
- Package dimension: 4.8 in x 4.1 in x 3.3 in
- Rear position
- Manufacturer part number: BE1114
Bosch Blue Disc Brake pads are ideal for budget-conscious drivers who demand high performance at a good price.
It has been designed and tested appropriately for copper-free ceramic friction materials.
Besides this, it has a supreme noise dampening technology that is provided by OE-style multilayer shims.
Furthermore, it is built with a coating that protects it from rusting or corrosion which might cause the pads to degrade.
It comes with a set of pads that include 1 axle and synthetic lubricant, which enables reduced resistance as the contact points slide over one another.
It is relatively simple to install. OE design slots ensure enhanced braking performance. The pads are provided in a protective blue shot towel and hardware is not included.
Bosch Blue brake pad technology has everything required for a safe stop.
- Comes with advanced aerospace alloy
- Exceptional noise dampening provided by multilayer shims
- Its coating prevents rusting
- Highly efficient
- It is not built for severe duty application
05. Detroit Axle – Front & Rear Brake Pads Replacement
- 2x Front Brake Pads
- 2x Rear Brake Pads
- Manufacturer: Detroit Axle
- Item Weight: 21 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 19in x 15in x 9in
- Ceramic brake pads
- OE specification met
Detroit Axle has established itself as a world-renown distributor of OE-manufactured auto parts.
Their manufacturing operation is aimed at offering their customers top-quality products and exceptional service at a great price.
Their products comprise Wheel Hub and bearings, Suspension and Chassis, Shock Absorbers, CV axles, and many more.
This product comes with premium ceramic brake pads, which last longer and provide a safe, easy, and quiet performance that is significantly better than other metallic pads.
It is built to undergo strong impacts, fatigue, and wear and has been tested to ensure that it stands the test of time.
- Relatively resistant to impact and wear.
- It produces safe noiseless stopping
- Easy to install
- A good buy for budget-conscious users
- Good mileage
- It has no ceramic upgrade
06. Bosch BE1539 Blue Disc Brake Pad Set
- Front position
- Ceramic material
- Painted exterior
- Item weight: 3.7 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 8.5in x 4.2in x 3.5in
- Item model number: BE1539
These Bosch Brake pad products were manufactured for efficiency and have undergone robust testing and engineering processes.
This product has been designed with particular formulations, including NAO-ceramic and semi-metallic for effective performance.
Besides, it has been coated appropriately for protection against rusting. This prevents the pads from degradation.
Bosch Blue brake pad offers exceptional noise dampening properties, coupled with multilayer shims.
Moreover, it has been enhanced appropriately for higher efficiency and durability. It offers quiet stopping and is easy to install.
It also comes with a synthetic lubricant that enables lower resistance that could be encountered by sliding contact points.
- Robust engineering and testing guarantee high efficiency and durability.
- Platform-specific friction ceramic ensures optimal performance.
- Comes with exceptional rust-inhibitive coating
- Lubricants reduce friction between sliding contact points
- Multilayer rubber shim
- Not designed for heavy-duty applications.
07. Subaru Genuine Subaru 26296SC011 Pad Kit
- Front position
- Brand: Subaru
- Ceramic material
- OEM specification met
- 2013-2016 BRZ, 2013-2014 Crosstrek, and 2010-2013 Forester
- 26296SC011 Front Brake Pad Kit Genuine Subaru
For a user who requires a high-quality brake pad, Subaru Genuine front Brake pad offers everything that is required for higher efficiency.
Users do not have to settle for aftermarket products with unsatisfactory quality. What you get will include a kit 26296SC011 X1 for the front brake pad.
Furthermore, this product also comes with:
- 2014-2015 Forester (non-turbo) (turbo ones in their store 26296AJ010)
- 2010-2014 Impreza & WRX does not fit STi (2010 may want to email via production split)
- 2013-2014 Legacy 2.5i ONLY (non 2.5i available in their store 26296AJ010) 2013-2014 Outback 2.5i ONLY (non 2.5i are available in their store 26296AJ010)
- Good quality and comprises everything required for efficient performance
- Highly durable
- Easy to install
- Relatively expensive to purchase.
08. Hawk Performance HB533F.668 HPS Performance Ceramic Brake Pad
- Manufacturer: Hawk Performance
- Item Weight: 5.2 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 4in x 9in x 9in
- Item model number: HB533F.668
- OEM Part Number HB533F.668
- Rear Position
- No Folding
- Ceramic material
- Low noise
High-Performance Street Ceramic Brake pads have grown in popularity and recognition across the globe for their enhanced stopping capacity for several vehicles.
When users select Hawk Performance ceramic brake, they are assured of acquiring brake pads with increased performance.
Furthermore, this is built with the Ferro-Carbon formula which supports street performance through the quality of Aerospace and Motorsports friction technology.
The High-Performance Street pad provides a higher coefficient of friction. However, it does not end there.
Moreover, you can also get about 20 to 40 percent more stopping capacity and greater resistance to brake failure. The brake pad has high durability, coupled with less brake dust.
- Designed to produce noiseless stopping
- It can support about 20 to 40 percent more stopping capacity
- It produces less brake dust
- Built with Ferro-Carbon formula
- Highly expensive
09. TRW Automotive TPC1114 Disc Brake Pad Set for Subaru
- Manufacturer: TRW Automotive
- Item Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 7in x 5.7in x 2.1in
- Item model number: TPC1114
- Manufacturer Part Number TPC1114
- Rear Position
- Cover Included: Disc Brake Pad Set, Applicable Hardware, Instruction Sheet
- Specific friction material
It is essential to make the right decision when choosing the suitable brake pads for the vehicle. Users must ensure that they get the right information – it is important.
TRW automotive disc brake pad offers a top-quality performance. This product adopts PE formulation, which removes any form of doubt about the right formulation to select.
However, it does not end there. TRW employs bonded Nitrile rubber-coated steel shims to every ceramic brake pad.
Some of its exceptional designs include slots and chamfers which can help in generating better contact and minimize the level of noise.
Some of the necessary accessories are hardware, grease, and manual, for an effective job. Over 98% of the vehicles in North America utilize this product.
This product has undergone thorough testing to satisfy the OE specifications. All TRW brake pads offer users fadeless performance.
These products also offer comfortable and safe pad change through detailed instructions on fitting.
TRW disc brake pads have been properly coated with Coating Innovation Technology (CITEC), which helps in reducing the braking distance covered in the first stops after a change in the pad is done.
- Products are designed with confidence and are result-oriented.
- Comes with comprehensive instruction on fitting.
- Adopts Coating Innovation Technology
- Meets OE specification
- Some may be worn to the indicators twice as fast as the factory pads.
10. KFE KFE1078-104 Ultra Quiet Advanced Premium Ceramic Brake Pad
- OEM fitment
- Low Noise level
- Little break-in time
- Manufacturer KFE Brake Systems
- Item Weight 4.74 pounds
- Product Dimensions 6.18in x 2.5in x 0.67in
- Front position
- No folding
This product is enhanced properly through the appropriate process.
This is not just to ensure that the break-in-time is lowered, but also to support a more consistent feature for the entirety of the padding usage.
All Ultra Quiet advanced brake pads are designed with rubber shims. This is to perform the role of a buffer between two components: brake pad backplate and Caliper piston.
to act as a buffer between the caliper piston and the backplate of the brake pad. Yet, it does not stop there.
They also help in absorbing vibrations, which helps in minimizing the noise level.
KFE ceramic brake pad also arms drivers with the ability to make faster and more efficient stops as a result of a regular coefficient of friction.
This also helps in avoiding brake fades at a high temperature.
- Makes a low level of noise
- Maintains a high performance
- Environmentally conscious
- High break-in-time
- Not built for heavy-duty application
Things to Consider while Purchasing the Best Brake Pads for Subaru Forester
Purchasing a brake pad for Subaru Forester should involve an informed decision.
After all, users’ safety and overall experience are essential. As a result, certain considerations should not be ignored before buying a brake pad.
These factors are essential if you wish to buy the best item that will meet your full satisfaction. Some of these are introduced below:
01. Noise level
It has been proven that prolonged exposure to a high level of noise can lead to stress and poor concentration. These are two of the conditions that a driver must not be subjected to.
As a result, the best brake pads, including Subaru legacy brake pads and rotors, must be designed with the right technology that reduces the vibration, which causes noise.
This makes it essential to consider the level of noise the pad makes.
02. Brake pad material
The best brake pads, including Subaru Forester brake pads and rotors, are built with the best materials that are meant for brake pads.
Their efficiency and durability are dependent on the material from which the brake pad is made. Generally, there are four kinds of brake pads available and this depends on their base material.
- Semi-metallic: Oftentimes, these contain 35% to 65% of metals. Because they are metallic, they tend to provide a high heat transfer and are very durable. Yet, they can also turn out to be very noisy and some can even cause damage to the rotor. Besides these, they can also tend to be less effective in a cold environment.
- Non-Asbestos Organic: These are made of Fibrous materials, including carbon, rubber, or glass. They tend to be relatively quiet. Yes, as a result of their softness, they can easily wear out and generate more dust.
- Low-metallic Non-Asbestos Organic: These comprise organic formulas with a little mix of metals. The use of metals is needed to help with the better transfer of heat and braking speeds. Generally, they function efficiently. However, the presence of metals ensures that more dust and noise are created.
- Ceramic: Too many, this is the most efficient kind of brake pad. They are mostly made up of ceramic fibers. They tend to generate low noise levels and are clean. They do little damage to the rotors. Yet, the major shortcoming is they are quite costly.
Depending on the requirements a driver seeks in a brake pad, these four brake pad types offer unique qualities, making them essential to consider.
In other words, the right brake pad should go for the appropriate use. For instance, if you wish to make a Subaru Forester brake pad replacement, this is an important factor to consider.
03. Friction material
The best Subaru Forester brake pad replacement requires a soft friction material attached to a stronger metal backing plate.
It must be noted that there is no obvious better method for attaching these friction materials. Yet, it is generally believed that bonding enables the brake pads to serve its user for a long time.
Furthermore, bonded brakes tend to wear down to the backing plate.
Which is quite harmful to the rotors or drums if nothing is done on time whenever the grinding sound between the metals is noticed when brakes are applied.
01. Are all brake pads not the same? Isn’t that why many shops sell brake pads at similar prices?
Ans: No, all brake pads do not have the same qualities. Virtually, all vehicles have different brake pad shapes and functionalities.
Moreover, The friction materials used in the pad are not the same.
This is because not all vehicles have similar requirements and capabilities, and this will determine what the product would look like and its functions.
02. Why is it that some brake pads are cheaper in the market than others?
Ans: It is essential to note that purchasing a supreme brake pad will assure you high efficiency and durability. The best brake pads are properly designed and have undergone the right testing.
This is because they are built and developed for specific vehicles. A good brake pad designer will spend so much money and time to provide a good brake pad for the right vehicle.
This effort includes on-the-vehicle testing. As a result, this intensive development ensures that only quality products are manufactured.
Furthermore, quality control is also an important practice that the best manufacturers practice. They will perform destructive testing on random samples.
This accumulated cost ensures that the price of their properly engineered products is often elevated. The benefit that is associated with this is that you get your money’s worth.
03. Are brake pad manufacturers actually providing novel models?
Ans: It sounds rather preposterous to think that two cooks can make an exact meal when subjected to similar working conditions.
There will always be a difference – however slight it may seem. Brake pads are components of a vehicle that are rather hard to duplicate by simple testing or physical measurements.
For instance, car manufacturers would never tell replacement brake pad manufacturers the recipe for their friction material.
The latter has to figure it out on their own, which is oftentimes not easy and costly.
However, as a vehicle finds more recognition in the market, it is more likely that the replacement parts will become better since the manufacturer will probably be armed with more information about the component in the practical sense.
04. Can a company put an unsafe brake pad up for sale?
Ans: That is impossible. However, some manufacturers might actually decide to reduce the quality of braking performance just to maximize profit.
These brake pads might actually work for a while when subjected to good conditions.
But the shortcomings start becoming obvious once they encounter unenviable conditions, including panic stops and steep descent.
This could either be due to the amount of time spent on working on it or the quality of raw materials used in manufacturing the products.
Some of them might even bet on the fact that users might not be confronted with adverse conditions.
In some countries, including the United States, no federal laws are available to monitor the performance of replacement brake pads.
For this reason, a driver must ensure that the right considerations are made to ensure safety and efficiency.
05. Are there pads that can last more miles? Will they be durable?
Ans: It is never wrong to state that Brake pads are built to wear out eventually.
However, the extent and how fast they wear out depend partly on the driver, but more on the friction material of the brake pad.
While many pads guarantee more miles, it is rather unsafe to affirm that it will last longer than other pads.
Furthermore, it must be noted that several pads assure long-term usage. Besides this, there are actions that can ensure that a brake pad has higher durability.
One of the actions is to replace the hardware and resurface the rotors with a suitable finish. This will significantly extend the life cycle of the brake pads.
The advantages of having reliable brake pads cannot be overstated. They are quite important in vehicles.
Their presence ensures that sufficient friction is generated, and they are needed to stop a car when they are pressed against the brake rotor or brake drum that ensures the rotation of the wheel.
This makes it highly important to consider several important factors – as already discussed in the article – before purchasing brake pads.
These factors could go a long way in determining the efficiency of heat transfer, the noise level of pads, braking speeds, among many others.
So many brands are available for selection. Getting the best brake pads for Subaru Forester can enhance users’ experience.