If you are searching for the best Subaru Forester upgrades, we’ve got you covered. The Subaru Forester is a Japanese, compact sport utility vehicle (SUV) that has been reigning since 1997.
The latest model comes with five trims – standard, sport, premium, limited, as well as touring. It boasts a 4-cylinder engine with adequate space for passengers and cargo.
Getting your Subaru Forester modified will help in boosting its performance.
Through the installation of aftermarket modifications, you can improve your vehicle’s speed, acceleration, gas mileage, and so on.
This guide will help you to carry out the perfect modification on your Subaru for maximum effectiveness.
What are the best Subaru Outback modifications?
The best Subaru Outback modifications include the replacement of Brake Pad Set, Engine Air Filter, Detroit Axle Brake Pads, as well as Rotors.
You should get the replacement done as soon as you discover that there is a need for a change. This will help in boosting operational efficiency for maximum performance.
Why Brake Pad Set, Engine Air Filter, Detroit Axle Brake Pads, and Rotors are the best upgrades for Subaru Outback?
Getting Brake Pad Set, Best Engine Air Filter, Detroit Axle Brake Pads for Subaru, and Rotors for your Subaru Outback will help in enhancing its performance.
There will be an enhancement of speed, gas mileage, and acceleration, which will enable you to get more value from your vehicle.
Also, it will reduce the amount you will spend on car maintenance since it will be working at its optimal level.
Top 10 Best Subaru Forester Upgrades Reviews 2022
01. Bosch BC929 Best Subaru Forester Brake Pad Set
- Submissive to the 2025 copper-free law
- Celluloid emollient in box
- OE style rubber pivot shim
- Distinctively wrapped pads
- Protective transfer layer
The Bosch BC929 boasts Antilock Braking technology, which helps in making it perfect for Subaru Forester mods.
With its Electronic Stability Control systems, you can be confident of a braking system that will never disappoint. That is why it is one of the most trusted braking systems in the market right now.
Also, it is powerfully formulated with platform-restricted Copper Free ceramic as well as semi-metallic, which complies with the 2025 Copper Free Legislation.
Also, the manufacturer uses a high-quality material, which is why it never ceases to stand the test of time.
Furthermore, there is the integration of the top-quality OE-style rubber core multilayer. Hence, you can rely on its noiseless operations at all times.
Hardware and lubricant accompany the package so that you won’t have issues getting started with Subaru forester customization.
Besides, you will like its upgraded aerospace alloy, which contributes extremely to its lastingness.
In addition, its protective transfer layer helps extend the pad and rotor life for optimum effectiveness.
- Outstanding stopping power as well as quiet operation with reduced dust
- Advanced atmospheric alloy with licensed copper-free ceramic
- Semi-metallic friction formula
- Defensive convey layer that elongates pad and rotor durability
- May not perform well in chronic applications
02. K&N Best Engine Air Filter for Subaru Forester
- High-Flow Air Filters
- Designed Power
- A-list Protection
If you desire perfect Subaru forester mods, we recommend K&N execution High-Flow Air Filters. They are designed to further develop motor execution by expanding wind current up to half.
Not at all like expendable paper channels, which should be as often as possible supplanted, K&N Air Filters are launderable, reusable, and designed to keep going for the existence of your vehicle.
Moreover, K&N air channels give a cordial climate approach to decrease landfill squandering by keeping away from expendable channels.
They are designed to fit effectively into your processing plant air box. The establishment can be finished surprisingly fast!
K&N creates and tests every item on the world’s hardest race tracks so that we can carry the most significant level of execution to your day-by-day driving.
- Intended to Increase Horsepower with up to half More Airflow
- Launderable High-Flow Cotton Filter Media
- 10-Year/Million Mile Limited Warranty
- K&N high-stream substitution air channels will save you $250 more than ten years keeping away from dispensable channels
- May not achieve desired standards if not well handled.
03. Mophorn Front Exhaust Manifold for Subaru Impreza/Legacy/Forester/Outback
- High Flow Performance
- Treated Steel Out Shell
- Bolt-On Connection
- Interior Honeycomb Structure
- Diverse Application
Thinking about Subaru forester customization? Check out the Mophorn Catalytic Converter. This exhaust system is developed to meet or even surpass OEM quality.
In addition to this, it went through meticulous quality checks so that you can realize value for money.
Its high stream configuration can give more oxygen to your motor for magnificent execution, drastically further developing your exhaust framework.
The Subaru exhaust header set with a hardened steel body can bear high-temper gases from the exhaust.
In addition, its interior ceramic substrates contain high-load valuable metal impetuses like Pt, Rh, Pd to upgrade refinement effectiveness and power.
Also, the high stream exhaust system has standard determination spines intended for simple establishment.
Direct bolts exist in the exhaust framework without additional adjustment. The pack additionally accompanies a gasket and equipment for finishing the substitution.
The proficient establishment is enthusiastically suggested for applying its maximum ability.
- High-stream exhaust system for simple establishment
- Additional gasket and equipment for finishing the substitution
- Hardened steel body that can bear high-temper gases from the exhaust
- Its high stream configuration can give more oxygen to your motor for magnificent execution
- Direct-Fit Anterior Exhaust Manifold Extraordinary Flow Catalytic Converter
- Unlawful to be utilized in California as the NON-CARB consistent.
04. EKR Best Custom Fit Subaru Forester Seat Covers
- Breathable legitimacy Soft Touch calfskin
- Revives the vibe of your seats
- Secures against pet hide, stains, etc.
- Convenient capacity pockets
- Well-sewn crease
For Subaru Forester off-road mods, pick EKR’s specially crafted seat covers.
Dissimilar to general seat covers, the custom seat covers are intended to oblige every one of the provisions of the line of your seats.
Including full admittance to all elements of your seats, for example, safety belts, airbags, and warmed seats.
The establishment is basic, with simple guidance recordings accessible on Youtube.
These agreeable seat covers include a 4-layer development with thick froth cushioning for an agreeable vibe and solid quality.
Hence, it is certainly going to offer you top Subaru forester mods performance.
- SoftTouch Synthetic Leather
- Seat covers incorporate a pass-through fold
- Tight, safer fit, and more straightforward establishment
- The establishment might require some work for a cozy fit.
05. Auto Ventshade Vent Visor for Subaru
- Decreases inside wind commotion
- Reduces mirror hazing
- Gives natural air access
- Keeps downpour out
- Accurately designed
- Uniquely formed for a definite fit
- Connects with 3M car-grade glue
For guaranteed Subaru Forester mods performance, the Auto Ventshade AVS 94375 is your best bet.
This unique signature Ventvisor Side Window Deflector is made in the USA and accurately designed for a demanding fit to the broadest scope of vehicles available today.
AVS Original Ventvisor’s tweaked configuration mounts in minutes to the outside of your vehicle utilizing pre-applied 3M car-grade cement applied above and around your windows.
Also, it is a speedy, no-drill establishment to make an entirely cozy and secure fit – all right for vehicle washes as well!
The Ventvisor, likewise alluded to as a side window redirector, window shade, or downpour monitor permits outside air to normally flow through open windows while keeping the downpour out.
Furthermore, the item keeps the sun out of your eyes, empowers natural air dissemination to kill old, smoky air, and permits you to keep your window broken while stopped, keeping the inside cooler.
It is specially crafted with an accurate design to accommodate your vehicle.
- Permits natural air to course, eliminating lifeless air and scents
- Allows window to be broken, lessening heat development in left vehicles
- Colored, built-up acrylics are UV and scratch-safe
- It may not fit in some ancient models
06. Husky Liners Front & 2nd Seat Floor Mats for Forester
- Bigger lips around liners’ edges
- The secondary lounges liner covers the center knock
- Covers front driver side left the stool
- Designed to fit each model liner perfectly
Are you searching for Subaru Forester accessories 2017? Then you need Husky Liners 95891.
This USA-made Design measure impeccably frames every liner to your particular ride’s point-by-point shapes. In addition, it has elite StayPut Cleats to assist with keeping your liners set up.
Also, the energetic liner material is rigid and can bear up to mishandling like no other. With its strict quality checks, you can rely on it for optimum lastingness.
It is sturdy, consequently, you can use it for Subaru outback off-road mods.
- Perfect in execution and fitment
- Incredible item and quality with a minor blemish.
- The secondary lounges liner covers the center knock
- Designed to fit each model liner perfectly
- Front and Second Seat Floor Liners
- It is somewhat tricky with metallic spikes on a superficial level.
07. Kicker H631SFJ101 Best Speaker for Forester/Impreza/Crosstrek
- Original Subaru Tweeter Speaker Kit
- Comes with OEM sealed items
- Higher-frequency audio response
- Components of high quality
Kicker H631SFJ101 is an authentic tweeter speaker kit for your Subaru. It helps in boosting higher-frequency audio response for optimum listening comfort.
There are two speakers in each kit, with all the requirements for their installation.
Besides, it helps in enhancing stereo imaging over and above the stock tweeter speaker. Produced from components of high quality, you can rely on it for getting value for money.
It works perfectly with 2012-2014 Impreza (non-WRX non-STI), 2014-2018 Forester, 2015-2018 Wrx Sti, 2015-2016 Impreza, 2012-2018 Subaru, and 2013-2017 Crosstrek.
What’s more, you will like its compactness, which is very vital for easy maneuvering.
Its lightweight is a plus, and that is why it is one of the most sought-after upgrade products in the market presently. It is your favorite if you are searching for Subaru forester accessories 2017.
- Lightweight for convenient installation
- Works with a variety of Subaru models
- Compactly designed for easy maneuvering.
- Enhances stereo imaging for optimum effectiveness
- Sound quality may not appeal to every user
08. Marretoo Upgrade Version Cargo Cover for Subaru Forester
- Tool-free installation
- Retractable cargo trunk cover
- High-quality components
- Sturdy and aesthetic
If you are looking for an easy-to-install cargo cover for your Subaru Forester or Subaru forester 2017 accessories, check out this product from Marretoo.
It is fully retractable so that you can use it when required, thereby boosting the flexibility of your vehicle. With its durability and aesthetic appeal, you are certainly going to take all its advantages.
Furthermore, its installation is a piece of cake, you only need to put it into the trunk’s original position.
You don’t need to burn all your energy drilling, just fix and use. It provides perfect protection for your luggage and hides it from potential thieves.
With its capacity to work for Subaru Forester from 2019 to 2020, you won’t have issues with the modification of your vehicle.
It is produced from canvas material of top quality so that you won’t have problems enjoying your money. Weighing 6.74 pounds, it is not too heavy for a convenient maneuver.
Also, it is subject to top-quality checks, and that is why it is trusted among Subaru faithful.
- Requires no drilling
- Rear access
- May not cover totally
09. Akkon Subaru Forester Halogen Headlights Assembly
- Compatible with factory halogen headlight models
- Comes in a pair
- Easy to install
- Lightweight for easy maneuver
Akkon Subaru Forester Driver/Passenger Halogen Headlight pair is the perfect replacement for your vehicle. Its low beam light source type is H11 while the high beam is 9005.
With its signal standing at 12V21W, you can be confident of ultimate performance.
Moreover, it boasts polished chrome housing, which helps in enhancing its brightness. You will like its crystal clear lens that makes driving at night a stroll in the park.
It is harmonious with the 2009 to 2013 Subaru Forester Models for maximum effectiveness.
Also, it is important to note that it is only compatible with factory halogen headlight models alone. It is easy to install and does not require any special wiring or modification technique.
- Super bright
- Polished chrome housing
- Compatible with 2009 to 2013 Subaru Forester models
- May have issues with the wiring
10. JI Loncky Steering Wheel Cover for Subaru Forester/Crosstrek/Legacy/Outback/Impreza
- Wear and cold resistant
- High ductility
- Extremely soft and comfortable
- Odorless and breathable
Finally, in this review, we present the JI Loncky Auto Custom Steering Wheel Cover. It is produced from top-quality leather finished in black color and light gray thread.
Also, it is available in Suede and PU carbon fiber so that you can be more flexible with its use.
Furthermore, it is compatible with the Subaru Forester 2014-2016, Subaru Legacy 2012-2014, XV Crosstrek 2013-2015, Outback 2012-2014, and Impreza 2012-2015.
Its installation is not rocket science, and it comes with a needle, thread, double-sided tape, a yellow small blade, and an installation manual for easy installation.
What’s more, it is wear and cold-resistant, hence, you can rely on its maximum durability. As a breathable as well as odorless product, its use will not pose any threat to your health.
Its high ductility is a plus, and it is exceptionally soft with aging resistance for satisfactory performance.
You can maneuver it with ease, thanks to its lightweight. For those searching for Subaru forester 2017 accessories, this is the perfect product for them.
- High-quality leather
- Lightweight for convenient manipulation
- Available in different colors
- It May be hard to fit it
1. How can I boost the effectiveness of my Subaru Forester?
Improve your engine life regularly by changing the oil and using synthetic oil. Also, you need to fix faulty parts as soon as possible.
Avoid weights and heavy work on your car to sustain its strength. Consider replacing the entire engine when the current engine is weak so that your cost of maintenance will not keep going up.
2. How do I get more power out of my Subaru Forester?
Getting more power from your Subaru Forester requires getting your engine serviced subsequently and avoiding all possible weight that can slow down your acceleration.
Repair or replace the engine or car parts that are faulty to enhance the performance of your car.
3. Is the Subaru Forester underpowered?
Your Subaru Forester is fast enough based on what you expect from it, what force you are using it for, the road you are using it, the life span of the engine, and the general condition of the car.
The Subaru cars will perform according to your need, but may not give you the best of what you need based on the model and the conditions of the car or use.
If you want to boost its power, cultivate the habit of health maintenance.
4. What is the top speed of a Subaru Forester?
Depending on the model of Subaru Forester you are driving, you can drive the fastest limits. A Subaru Forester can go as fast as 150 kilometers per hour.
Some models can sprint from 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds.
5. Why is my Subaru Forester losing power?
Your Subaru Forester can suddenly lose power because of a faulty part of the engine that has allowed oil to get into place oil shouldn’t be.
The major cause of such is an engine problem, which may be an affected part affecting the other and therefore causing your car to lose power.
Visit your mechanic for a comprehensive check to know the actual problem.
6. How fast is Subaru Forester XT?
Subaru Forester XT is slower than Subaru Forester WRX STI by milliseconds. The WRX STI is one of the most powerful forester models with 400 horsepower.
XT can get to 0- 60 mph in 7.5 seconds. XT is one of the fastest, all-around, and all-road cars.
7. What does XT mean in Subaru Forester?
In 2018, XT was stopped in the forester models. XT is a Turbo model, which is a little bit slower than WRX STI, which is another fast model.
8. How can I make my Subaru Forester faster?
You can get your Subaru Forester faster by lightening all possible weight on the car. This will enable it to accelerate quicker.
You need to change the oil regularly and use synthetic oil. Likewise, you can use additives in your car’s coolant to get them to lower temperatures.
9. Does Subaru Forester have enough power?
You can have enough power that you need from Subaru Forester, determined by what you are using it for. You can always use it around town and highways.
However, you may not have such power to move Subaru past cars on high ways. Some models have been improved like the 2019 Model.
10. Is the Subaru Forester fast?
The engine of the Subaru Forester is built to be fast, yet, not the best.
Being a four-cylinder engine it will get you from one place to another, but you can notice the weakness of its speed on the highway.
11. What is bad about Subaru Forester?
Due to many technological complications that are more in modern cars, there has been a drop in the reliability of Subaru cars.
Some models are particularly affected by this, you can still make use of other unaffected models.
12. Is Subaru Forester a reliable car?
The brand Subaru is very common, and known for the production of strong, safe, and reliable vehicles.
Subaru Forester is very functional on or out of the road, being a sport utility vehicle it is found useful for many purposes. Repairers and users have rated the car above average in its reliability.
The best Subaru Forester upgrades should not lead you to break the bank.
With a careful plan and proper information gathering, you can get on the upgrade to boost the efficiency of your vehicle.
With various aftermarket products available for this upgrade, making the right choice may not be as easy as you think.
However, with this guide, getting your Subaru Forester modified will no longer be a problem.
After all, boosting the speed, gas mileage, acceleration, etc. of your vehicle will certainly leave more money in your pocket.
Hence, you should not think twice before investing in products that will upgrade your vehicle.
Originally from England, I’ve been repairing cars for over 16 years and am an automotive journalist. I’ve been working on cars for as long as I can remember, and it’s one of the best jobs I’ve ever had.
It is my intention to be your mechanic friend, that person who will assist you with any problem you may have with your vehicle and explain in detail how the problem can be fixed to you as soon as possible.
I produce and anchor a weekly auto news program. As well as providing insights into all things automotive, including expert analysis of the latest trends in the automotive industry, and ensuring you always know where to go for the latest automotive news, I also provide insight into all things automotive before the news breaks.
If I am not working, I am a riding motorcyclist and I do volunteer work with local charities whenever I have time. When I’m not riding my motorcycles or volunteering at local charities, you will find me at home in Portland, Oregon.